Our Chiropractic Services at Our Portland and Beaverton Chiropractor
If you're dealing with an acute or chronic pain condition, recently were in an accident at work, on the road, or in sport, or if you simply feel like you're not functioning at your best, we encourage you to call or stop by The Wellness Center PDX right here in Portland and Beaverton, OR. Our chiropractor, Dr. Mark Gabriel, and the rest of our staff would be happy to help you experience our comprehensive chiropractic services.
Understanding Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is a branch of rehabilitative medicine that primarily addresses conditions affecting the neuromuscular and musculoskeletal systems. This includes issues like back pain (acute or chronic), whiplash, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, disc herniation or bulge, degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, muscle strains, ligament sprains, plantar fasciitis, and more!
Chiropractic treatment emphasizes the use of manual touch, joint mobilizations and adjustments, and additional services including postural screens, imaging studies, and more, to facilitate a variety of specific treatment goals. These goals depend on several factors, including:
- The patient's age
- The patient's condition or diagnosis (and how it's uniquely presenting/affecting him or her)
- The patient's specific needs (e.g., decreased pain, swelling, or inflammation; increased mobility, strength, or endurance)
- The patient's overall personal and family medical history
- The patient's personal desires and lifestyle
Despite common misconception, chiropractic care is a lot more than just "cracking backs." Through targeted pressure, we can literally stimulate the central nervous system to down-regulate (turn down the volume on) pain signals and trigger the release of analgesic hormones to give you a natural pain-relieving experience as we work with your body through additional techniques (like massage, acupuncture, and corrective exercises) to help it heal itself.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care at Our Clinic
Our patients tend to experience significant improvement in many of their symptoms and dysfunction. Here are a few specific benefits of chiropractic care services you can expect from our team:
- Services and techniques are completely free of medications or invasive approaches, and have virtually minimal to no side effects.
- Research shows that chiropractic care can significantly improve a range of conditions including back pain and neck pain - whether acute or chronic.
- Chiropractic care is safe for people of all ages, from infants and children to people in their 80's and up!
- A chiropractor can identify so-called "hidden" factors contributing to dysfunction - such as limited range of motion, weakness, old scar tissue, poor posture, etc. - which can exacerbate a condition. By addressing these issues, outcomes are much longer-lasting and complete!
Living with Pain in the Portland, OR Beaverton Area?
Contact The Wellness Center PDX at (503) 389-5545 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor today!